Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Apr 1993 14:23:42 +0200
On Thu, 1 Apr 1993 01:05:10 EST "Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>   Can I  assume that if  one deletes  a user at  a BITNET node  (like a
>Canadian node that is  about to go off BITNET) - that  is to say someone
>signed up with a BITNET address - that it will also delete an entry with
>a domain (read it: INTERNET) style address that corresponds to it?

Yes, except  of course  that if  the node has  been deleted  from BITEARN
NODES it wouldn't know what the corresponding Internet address is.

>   If so,  is this really  the desired  result?

Yes. It tells you the address it removed, in the very rare case of people
you  need  to  switch  to  a  domain-style  address  rather  than  delete
completely you can always issue a new ADD command.

  Eric