Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:48:57 -0400
On: Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 02:17:46PM -0400,Sahil Wrote:

} I tried:
}
} Filter= *@*
} Filter= Allow, *@XYZ.EDU
}
} this is what I get:
}
} Subject: TECHSUPPORT-SASS: error report from XYZ.EDU
}
} The enclosed message, found in the TECHSUPPORT-SASS mailbox and shown under
} the
} spool ID 21418303 in the system log, has been identified as a possible
} delivery
} error notice for  the following reason: mail origin is  listed in the
} "Filter="
} list header keyword (or its default value for the TECHSUPPORT-SASS list).
}
} ------------------------ Message in error (218
} lines) -------------------------
}
} **
}
} Is it filtering out the XYZ.EDU ?

As I understand Filter, the *@* will block everybody (as someone said)
and then the allow provides an exception.  Was the email that was
blocked [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]  The allow should pass the first
form but not the second.  Try adding

 Filter= Allow, *@XYZ.EDU, *@*.xyz,edu

to handle both cases.

As Ben said (and he should know better than I) the Service= keyword may
be better.  I have never used Service=.

And just to cover all bases, in the list header, its "* Filter= . . ." ?

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67