Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 20:46:06 GMT
On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 14:34:39 -0600, "Mott, Jim" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>From my mailer, if I manually add someone to my list and the command
>is too long, listserv seems to interpret the last bit, in this case my
>password as a new command rather than a continuation of the current
>one.

Well, the obvious answer is your 'helpful' mailer is wrapping the line
which causes to error, so turn off line-wrap.

There is also another way to format the command:

//JOB PW=xxxxxxx
ADD listname veryveryveryveryverylooooooooooooooooong@address Fname Lname
//EOJ

PW=xxxx is not needed unless you have Validate=yes

The better method however is probably to turn off line wrap in your mailer
and other commands can be screwed up if lines are wrapped.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]