Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:00:03 -0400
At 11:08 10/26/2000 Thursday, Craig Klassy wrote:
   This is what I need
 >to do, if all is possible:

[Though Chris Barnes has replied ...]

 >1.  Only a certain address (or group) can post to the list

On one of my lists,

DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST

then

SET listname POST for valid_poster_address

What I like about this is that it does NOT require add'l list-header
maintenance, just LISTSERV commands to alter who can do what.

 >2.  If any other tries to post, it will tell them that they cannot.  I do
 >not want it moderated.

(yup -- that's integrated above)

 >3.  I would like to change the sender line to appear to be sent by a
 >specific person.

the RFC822 SENDER isn't spoofable -- it's the listname's TITLE

The actual person sending to the list can spoof their address depending
upon client software.

You might want to add additional controls (3-way handshake) using

SEND= PRIVATE,HOLD,CONFIRM

See also:

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0010&L=lstown-l&P=R3106
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0010&L=lstown-l&P=R3225