Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:25:11 GMT
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:57:00 +0200, Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>By adding the person with the correct name, you will update the
>address to name mapping.

Yes.  Except this is occurring after the person has first sent a
SUBSCRIBE listname full name
command but before they have actually been subscribed (by owner).  So they
are in a kind of 'twilight zone' where there isn't a subscriber name to
update yet.

It occurs to me they might have (mistakenly) sent  SUBSCRIBE listname
without adding their full name (leaving that blank) but LISTSERV in this
case is getting an (incorrect) name from somewhere and sticking it in the
proper place, but it's not right.  I'm wondering where LISTSERV is finding
this incorrect name.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]