Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:40:04 -0700
On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 01:44:12 -0500, Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I thought to customize the BGcolor, etc., of the web archive of my list.
>Easy enough to do on the opening page; but there seems no direct way to do
>so for the other pages (search, post to list, etc.) Looking at code shows
>that a style sheet defines a basic black-on-white page, and the templates
>show that this sheet is ported into (IM) the pages. Then I went to look at
>the L-SOFT and EASE pages, and, yup, it seems that the LISTSERV designers
>have settled on this basic scheme. The style sheet, far as I can see, isn't
>included amongst the templates :(
>
>So I'm wondering, do we have to live with this staandard scheme? Or is it
>possible to apply a style sheet to individual lists? If so, how?

The main archive header page is stored as a single listname.html page which is
regenerated every night.  This is controlled by various templates near the end
of the listname.MAILTPL file.  The subsequent pages are generated dynamically,
from various templates in the DEFAULT.WWWTPL and listname.WWWTPL files.  The
bkgd color and style sheet for the dynamically generated pages are normally
defined on a server-wide basis in the www_archive.mailtpl file (accessible only
to Site Managers).

The complete available documentation is in Sec 9.7 of the Site Manager manual:

  http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/SiteMgr/index.html

It also helps to GET a copy of DEFAULT.WWWTPL and DEFAULT.MAILTPL as there are
additional comments embedded in the template code.