Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 03:18:04 -0400
On 2nd thought, I see that in the possible circumstance that there is an
file access violation, that a violation notice would need to be sent to
the user, and that would be an inelegant option.

Let me ask about the same issue from a different tack.

Would it be feasible if the INFO command were altered so that INFO LISTNAME
would be equivalent to GET LISTNAME INFO LISTNAME -- unless that file didn't
exist, in which case the command could then execute the current procedure
which it does now?  In this set-up, someone who creates a file LISTNAME
INFO LISTNAME would need to maintain only that one file, since the
commands INFO LISTNAME sent by a user and GIVE LISTNAME INFO LISTNAME
sent by a list-owner (or whomever) would both access that same file.

(This eliminates my suggestion about a questionnaire/ADDREQ1 file.  But I
can't think of a way around that.)

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]