"Wesley C. Rolley" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 May 2000 07:52:45 -0700
At 04:29 PM 5/17/00 +0200, you wrote:
>The list itīs local. Only have @UAM.ES address.  I suppose that the problem
>is between Listserv and sendmail because whith single address NEVER find
>User Unknow

This is NOTjust a local problem.  I have been served off multiple times (4)
from a listserv installation at UKY.EDU (recently transferred to another
site) from just this same problem.  I have not had the problem as a list
owner that I know of, but as a recipient it is a royal pain.  This is
definitely a user satisfaction issue that all list owners should be
familiar with.

There is something between Listserv and sendmail that is not working
correctly.  It may be related to the particular release of sendmail.  I
never had the problem until my ISP upgraded to sendmail 8.9.  There are
also changes with sendmail 8.10 that get more restrictive in following
certain protocols (such as the format of the "hello" message).

Wes Rolley