Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 08:46:58 -0400
|I know one list owner that sets them to NOMAIL and NOPOST simultaneously.
|Then by analyzing the NOPOSTs he can find them to check up on them.

Me too: me!

Here is some standard boilerplate I'll mail a subscriber AFTER they contact
me, if necessary:

<boilerplate response follows>

Somewhere along the line (weeks/days ago?) mail started
bouncing from your account (or host).  I kept your
subscription but deactivated both the generation of the mail
to you, as well as your ability to send mail to xxxxxx-L.
Now that I have confirmed that you are still "alive"
net-wise, I have restored both your e-mail privs.

Remember, we generate postings 7 days a week.  Any day that
you don't receive xxxxxx-L, then something is wrong and
bears pursuit.  I try, but am not always successful in
finding a working address of a cognizant network
administrator.  Since we have lots of mail and lots of
userids bouncing on a daily basis, I must take some action
(see above).

I've restored your distributions and your ability to post.

mailto:[log in to unmask]          Tel: +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg;  University Park,  PA   16802-1202 USA