Ruth Ginzberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Jun 1996 08:01:00 -0400
>don't know the reason, but I think there are many reasons for
>this....sometimes accidental, sometimes systems go down for
>maintenance..etc.  Does this help/? Kathleen

Kind of...   I'm trying to formulate a policy for my lists re
"deferred" mail, and I want it to be reasonably fair, but basically
I want to tell people with sites that chronically "defer" that
they will have to get another ISP if they want to remain
subscribed.

I know this may be drastic, but I'm sick of dealing with this
problem.  There's a difference between a site that is doing
maintenance (or whatever) and that defers for a few hours once
a month or so, and a site that defers mail every day.  And I
also get tired of responding to the subscribers from those
sites who want to know why their mail was late, or out-of-order,
or why they didn't receive such-and-such Digest, etc., etc.

---------- Ruth Ginzberg ([log in to unmask]) -----------
: If no response, or if mail bounces from this address, then try :
: Business: [log in to unmask]     Dog-Stuff: [log in to unmask]  :