ROGER MYERS <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 10:55:38 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I wish there was some way for duplicate bounces to only arrive once in
my mailbox per day.
What I mean by a duplicate bounce is when 50 postings to a list
during one day causes 50 error reports for a single list member
and all of these error reports are almost identical except for
the message being bounced and a few header lines.
In other words all the 50 bounces might say that user xx has a full
mailbox. Now I do not mind reading through 50
bounces but if they all say the same thing then I feel like I am
wasting lots of time trying to see if perhaps one of the bounces
mentions another error for this list member or another member.

I wish there was some way for listserv to collect the error reports
all day and once per day send only one error report per similar situation
posibly with a number in the subject line indicating how many duplicates
it discarded with the same bounce.

Could someone please explain to the list the proper way for list
owners to sift through error reports so as to waste as little time
as posible and how to deal with each type of error that he finds?

Do all of you carefully read through every error report that arrives?
If not, then how do you decide before reading an error report wheather
it is one to discard or a new error you need to read?

Roger
[log in to unmask] - Roger Myers