Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 01:17:27 EDT
On Mon, 22 Apr 1996 00:08:31 -0500 Winship said:
>So, now I've got this thing waiting to go out when I free the list and I
>*really* would like to kill it.  Is there a way for a mere listowner to do
>this?

Yes... call it a kludge.

1)  Get the list.
2)  Change the header to make it moderated (Send=Editor, and [log in to unmask])
    (If that post will look like it came from you, be sure you're not the
    moderator!)
3)  Put the list back.
4)  Free the list once you're sure it's now moderated.

Waiting posts now will be forwarded to the moderator for approval.  This works
even if the posts arrived while the list was not moderated.

Bill Gruber
City University of New York Computer Center