Susan King <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 12:16:21 -0600
You know, I am getting so tired of this I can hardly stand it. I have one
person who just sent four messages through... and although I thought I had it
filtered... it didn't quite work.

Is there any consortium being formed for example of postmasters or
representatives at the major services, aol, prodigy, compuserve, eWorld, netcom
etc. where we can look into what we may or may not do to STOP this once and for
all.

If there isn't, is there any reason why we shouldn't perhaps form one... invite
the parties... and try to move forward to figure out ways we can STOP this from
continuing. There may not be any laws.. but perhaps together we might be able
to establish some guidelines from within the commercial services and providers
where action can be taken against these folks! Some way to form a laundry list
so if someone is removed from one service there will be a database to check all
new subscribers against before giving them an account elsewhere. They do this
with credit cards. Everyone using a commercial service does have to give some
type of name and credit information.

In almost all industries there are consortiums formed to monitor abuse..
perhaps it is time for it to hit this area as well. Wonder what would happen if
we just wrote to the postmasters of all the sites and asked them to join a new
mailing list? The purpose, to discuss how we can work together to get rid of
net spammers and abusers. I would think there are enough of them out there who
are about as tired of the complaints as we are of sending them to them.

Susan E. King