Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:53:34 -0500
>I'm setting up my first list. The client understands the need to confirm
>subscription requests but would like the subscriber to merely reply to the
>confirmation message rather than having to type "ok". Is there any way to
>embed the "ok" into the confirmation request that goes out to the subscriber
>so that they merely need to reply?

No.  Editorially I'd recommend against doing it this way anyway for
the following reasons:

1) People may not read the message fully (or may misunderstand it)
and may reply to complain, etc.  With the system you describe these
people would be automatically added to the mailing list, whereas with
the "OK" confirmation method LISTSERV will return an error.

2) Addresses with autoresponders would also be automatically added.

3) Etc.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support