Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:14:37 -0500
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Roger Fajman wrote:
> (2)  Turn off auto-delete so that you can see the the bounce message.
> If the original message is returned look at the Received headers in
> reverse order (bottom to top) to see the path the message took.  Look
> for subscribers on those hosts on your list.

That is what I would do in such a situation, if I hadn't been able to
track it down otherwise (like someone else who has commented I would first
suspect a subscriber with an auto-forwarding program which has gone sour
(pesky critters, I wish subscribers wouldn't use them), for whatever
reason, but wouldn't worry about it until the auto-delete clearly isn't
going to take care of it (been over 4 days and well over 100 errors have
been reported) likely because it can't find a subscribed address which
matches the error, poor thing, bless its heart it does try and does save
me a lot of work).  Of course, keep in mind that if you turn auto-delete
off it will start from zero when you turn it on again.  It is a useful
technique, which I have used, for figuring things out, though.

Douglas