John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:40:52 -0500
>  >I would use Full-Auto,Delay(31),Max(3),Probe(6)
>
> Why the low number for the Probe() parameter?  That would seem to impose a lot
> of probing for very active lists.  Would not the default Probe(30) make more
> sense?

This was offered to someone that wanted no maintenance and posted 3 times a
month.  With those posting habits, it would take 2 months for all subscribers
to be probed. So I don't think that's very aggressive at all. Probe(30) would
take 10 months. Actually, I would be more inclined to use Probe(1) on the first
mailing, then back off to Probe(3) or (6).

Sure, if YOUR list posted every day, the default would be fine. As it's been
discussed here before, Auto-Delete= can either be useless or devastating to
your list, unless it is set for it's individual posting habits. In other words,
there is no one setting good for all lists.