Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 12:25:25 -0800
Given a file id entered into the SITE.CATALOG on a WNT version of
LISTERV, I observed the following. Is this the expected behavior?

1. The "Query File <filename> <fileextention> (File" command doesn't work.
   It appears not to be implemented, and it tries to behave like a
   Query <listname> command instead.

2. The Index <listname> does not return the files listed in the
   SITE.CATALOG which are PUTtable by OWNER(<listname>). Should they be?
   Only the LOG files are returned.

   How does an owner (who is not a LISTERV administrator) find out what
   files are PUT (i.e, exist), and/or which ones are in the SITE.CATALOG
   that may not yet exist? Having to remember the names seems not adequate.

3. The OWNER(<listname>) can't PUT a file defined in the SITE.CATALOG
   using the <listname>'s PassWord. The OWNER(<listname>) must define
   a "personal" password using the PW ADD command, and use that PW to
   PUT the file. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

I have a feeling that I am not doing something right, or that I don't
have the right info...... for the brave new WNT world?!

Is there any documentation which describes/identifies (only) the
commands that are valid for WNT LISTSERV? The REFCARDs I have may
be the wrong ones???
Peter