Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:02:57 EST
On Sun, 8 Mar 1998 14:02:37 -0500 Don Wiss said:
>The Listserv software on the system I use was updated yesterday. I'm
>familiar with some of the new features, but was hoping I could find a
>manual to learn some more. At the L-Soft FTP site I was able to find a new
>site owner's manual, but not something for list owners.

Well, please do remember it's still in beta and I'm still working on the
manuals.  :)  Beta software does not guarantee complete (or even incomplete)
documentation.

>My first question was to see just what sort of stripping it was doing of
>RTF and attachments.

From the updated "Language=" doc in the beta site manager's manual:

  Language= idiom|option[,option]

  Defines the language in which information mail and messages are to
  be sent to subscribers of the list. The postmaster must have
  provided the required data file (called idiom.MAILTPL, where idiom
  is the name of the language specified by this keyword) to the server.
  The default is "Language= English", which uses DEFAULT.MAILTPL.

  L-Soft does not provide non-English templates.

  Starting with 1.8d, this keyword was expanded to cover the following
  functionality:

  Language= HTML: This setting allows you to specify that LISTSERV's
  administrative messages (i.e., those specified in the MAILTPL and/or
  WELCOME and FAREWELL files) be sent out in HTML format. You specify
  either Language= HTML or Language= idiom,HTML to enable this feature.

  Language= NOHTML:  This setting allows you to specify that LISTSERV
  strip any HTML body parts from postings. You specify either Language=
  NOHTML or Language= idiom,NOHTML to enable this feature.

  Language= EXCHANGE: This setting allows you to specify that LISTSERV
  keep Microsoft Exchange body parts (the default is to remove them).
  You specify either Language= EXCHANGE or Language= idiom,EXCHANGE
  to enable this feature.

Note that you <can> specify "Language=HTML,NOHTML,EXCHANGE" as these
settings are not mutually exclusive.

Nathan