Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 06:53:35 +0200
On Sun, 26 Nov 1995 20:26:57 -0600 Susan King <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>I am  getting really frustrated  with the version of  listserv currently
>running at eWorld..

I  don't see  anything in  your  problems that  would be  related to  the
version they are running.

>1) I had  an aol subscriber whose  mail was bouncing. Three  weeks ago I
>deleted the  user.. got  the comfirmation...  but yet..  current digests
>continued to bounce.

He's probably subscribed under another address that is being forwarded to
AOL.

>2) I got a notification that a user  who sent a post to the listserv was
>SERVED OUT...  not knowing  what that  meant... I  asked.. and  sent the
>SERVE command  to the listserv...  and got  back.. you guessed  it.. the
>USER had not been served out.

Someone probably served him back before you did :-)

>4) Would someone explain to me what the SERVED OUT means...

It means the user sent a bunch  of incorrect commands, to the point where
LISTSERV decided it was talking to a broken vacation program and disabled
the address. See section 4.9 of the owner's guide.

>5) I get daily error reports with  addresses which do NOT match any that
>are subscribers...

The addresses LISTSERV shows you are the addresses it gets from the error
message. This may or may not be  the address that's on the list. You seem
to have users who get service from  provider 1, and then decide to switch
to provider 2 and have their mail forwarded around...

  Eric