Mon, 20 Oct 1997 17:48:45 GMT
On Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:59:07 -0700, in message:
<[log in to unmask]>, Nick Arnett
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Someone trying to subscribe to one of my lists received the following
> message (user's e-mail address is x'd out).  I don't understand what could
> cause this.  The only unusual thing I noticed is that she's working from
> Notes.  What should I tell her?
>
> >You   are  not   authorized  to   send   mail  to   the  km   list  from
> >your
> >[log in to unmask] account.  You might  be authorized to  send to  the
> >list
> >from another of your accounts, or perhaps when using another mail program
> >which
> >generates slightly  different addresses, but  LISTSERV has no way  to
> >associate
> >this other account or address with yours. If you need assistance or if you
> >have
> >any  question regarding  the policy  of the  km list,  please contact  the
> >list
> >owners: [log in to unmask]"

        Is the user subscribed, is the user subscribed as [log in to unmask]
Is the list send=private (sorry if that is the wrong line, but I hope
that it makes sence).  Any of those things (in combination with a
send=private) can cause that type of message...

                                                 Dromio

--
Intrested in hand made textiles and more?
Visit <http://kootweb.com/trillium/trrasku/trrasku.html>

Anyone who sends me unsolicited mail will be charged A Minimum
of $500 per item handled.

Further the authorities at your site, and any sites which apear
to be suspiciously consipicous by their unusual presence, will
be contacted.

This will exclude honest mistakes...