Thu, 15 Feb 2001 06:24:20 +0100
Have you all heard of "road rage"? It's a fairly new UK expression
(perhaps US, too) signifying extreme anger and frustration caused by
traffic conditions. There has already been a murder as a result of
road rage.

I've got listserv rage.

I've been trying since November, now, to create for my list what I
call an archive, a depository (not to be confused with listserv's
notebooks/archives) - i.e. selected postings ( books reviews, edited
threads, copies of instructions sent to members on joining and
subsequently lost etc.) stored so that members of my list can
retrieve them at a later date.

That MUST be child's play, but reading the manual, writing to this
list, writing to the server manager (who doesn't reply) - all of
these measures have not helped.

I deduce our list has a filelist since we have a standard "Welcome"
message. But:

Does this message from the server tell you experts anything
significant?

> get filelist CETEFL-L
This server does not have any file by the name "FILELIST CETEFL-L".

I am List Manager and have a password.

Questions
========

1.  I have read that before I can PUT documents I must register the
file I wish to create.

So WHAT command do I issue to the server????

TO:  [log in to unmask]
========================
??????????????

2.  Supposing I have a document, bkrev1.txt, which is stored on my PC
at c:/dments/dennis/cetefl/bkrev1.txt

How do I get it up on the server? How do I attach the text to the
command sent by email to the server?

To: [log in to unmask]
======================

?????????????????

What I need are simply a few lines of commands I should write that I
can copy religiously. I don't need to understand. I don't need
alternatives. I just need foolproof, functioning commands.

My gratitude if anyone could help me would know no bounds.

Dennis (Newson)
Dennis(Newson)
University of Osnabrueck
GERMANY (retired)