Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Apr 1994 12:18:33 -0400
Joan:

I'm not a software programmer, so I therefore need to point out that for
all that I know, mailers other than Pine might also do the same "trick" as
Pine does.  Something to keep in mind.

BTW, I've detected this by going to the logged outgoing message (of the
file to be PUT) and when I then do a FORWARD (or is it REPLY?  I forget),
the repeated material then reveals the PW=3DXXXXXXXX and the other
transformations.                          ^^

When I've asked my original-source person to send me a better version of
the file (all high-order ascii meticulously stripped away), then the PUT
works, and doing the FORWARD (or REPLY) test shows it's normal also.  So,
it's an oddity generated by Pine (and maybe other mailers) when it deals
with these kinds of files.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]