Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 09:50:03 -0400
|The information we ask for comes back, but always in NETDATA format.

My guess is if it is coming back in NETDATA format, then LISTSERV is
probably trying to send your a FILE (instead of mail).  You should
reconsider what your request is.  If indeed you want the list file with
subscriber options encoded, then NETDATA is the only realistic format.  If
you just want to EXAMINE (nor update nor replace the file), you can request
LISTSERV to send it to as mail by appending the operand

(F=MAIL

to your command.  DO NOT USE THE RESULTANT EMAIL TO UPDATE/REPLACE LISTSERV
list INFORMATION!!!

/Pete