Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Feb 1993 14:14:14 PST
On Thu, 11 Feb 1993 15:12:28 CST, Natalie Maynor <RA@MsState> wrote:
>One of the subscribers on WORDS-L is claiming that suddenly a couple of
>days ago the REPLY-TO line in his list mail changed from [log in to unmask]
>uga.edu to [log in to unmask] ...

A few days ago, the monthly update of the BITNET tables was distributed.
One of the changes was to "register" the fact that the subscriber's node
(NCSUADM) is using a "mailer" package.  Thus, LISTSERV now sends all E-mail
for users at NCSUADM to 'MAILER@NCSUADM', rather than "directly" to the user.
Correlation!  Implied Causality?  Perhaps!  :-)
---
*
* Information from the VERS9302 BITEARN NODES file:
*
* :node.NCSUADM
* :lastup.REP 19930122 VMSP@NCSUVM
------------> yyyymmdd <------------  Recent, eh?
* :machine.IBM 3090-180
* :netsoft.JES2 4.1.0
* :routtab.JES2 V2 O=19 (NETSERV,NSYSCDD@NCSUADM)
* :system.MVS/ESA
* :servers1.MAILER@NCSUADM(MAIL,ND PU,M,BSMTP,P_CDESHONG)
* :p_cdeshong.Craig DeShong;NSYSCDD@NCSUADM;+1 919 515.2794
* :internet.ncsuadm.acs.ncsu.edu
*
>and that now when he uses the 'reply'
>command to list mail his postings seem to vanish.
This is a separate, but quite-possibly related, problem.

>Here's his latest description of the problem.  I'll leave the headers
>on it to show you what list mail looks like when I receive it.
It may have been more edifying to see exactly what GGS received!

>> Date:     Thu, 11 Feb 1993 14:04:00 EST
>> Sender:   English Language Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
>> From:     gilbertsmith <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject:  Getting Ridiculous
>> Comments: To: English Language Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
>> To:       Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
>>
>> This is getting ridiculous.  Every message has a uga.bitnet
>> reply line, and when I reply, it never shows up.  I checked my
>> old messages and, until Feb 9, they all had uga.cc.uga.edu reply-lines.
>> Somebody please change the REPLY line back to .edu.  Please!
   ^^^^^^^^
The "list-owner" for the WORDS-L must update the list-definition,
e.g., change a line to read:  "REPLY-TO= [log in to unmask],Respect"
for this to happen.