Doug Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:14:24 -0400
Yes. happy99 is an alias for the W32/Ska worm. Network Associates Virus info
site at http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.asp
has the details. Here is a brief cut from that page :

--------------
W32/Ska is a worm that was first posted to several newsgroups and has been
reported to several of the AVERT Labs locations worldwide. When this worm is
run it displays a message "Happy New Year 1999!!" and displays "fireworks"
graphics. The posting on the newsgroups has lead to its propagation. It can
also spread on its own, as it can attach itself to a mail message and be
sent unknowingly by a user.

It goes on to discuss how to remove it from an infected system. As always,
current anti-virus software is an unfortunate must in today's online world.
Doug

Doug Wheeler
Server Analyst - Information Resources
Georgia-Pacific Corporation