Eric Skjei <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:04:34 -0700
Hello--

I manage a listserv mailing list (PBLNEWS) hosted by L-SOFT, and I have a
question about creating two-column formats for newsletters distributed via
this medium.

I know that it is possible to create a two-column text file that will
persist across most email gateways, because I have seen it done with other
listserv newsletters. What I have found, when I contact the owners of those
newsletters, is that they are using WordPerfect to create the two-column
format, then saving it as a print file, which they then incorporate into
their newsletter text files.

My problem: I use MS Word, and when I try to duplicate this process in
Word, I find I cannot read or import the print file.

Does anyone out there have experience with (a) using two-column Word print
files to create two-column listserv newsletters, or (b) another strategy
for creating two-column newsletter formats. If so, I would be grateful for
your insights.

Thanks in advance,

--Eric Skjei
Autodesk Foundation