Fri, 20 Jun 1997 12:20:38 +1000
Dear all,

Sorry for the cross post, but I think this is relevant to all lists and I
kinna need the exposure on this one. ;)

I have posted a few mails on this subject regarding running Listserv on a
machine that has several different domain names, but unfortunately have
not had any feedback. :(

For example, assume Listserv is running in a mahine called myhost and the
primary domain name for it is mydomain.org.  In addition to mydomain.org
it can also be reached by myhost.xyz.org and lsv.abc.org.

I have already configured the w class of sendmail to recognise mails sent
to these domains.  The only thing I did in Listserv was to add those
domains to:

# -- All possible domain names for this machine. SPACE SEPARATED!
MYDOMAIN="$NODE myhost.xyz.org lsv.abc.org"

Is there any other thing else I should do?  What does the line above
actually do?  It seems that it works even if I do not add myhost.xyz.org
or lsv.abc.org...

Also what happens if I need to change the primary domain to something
else?  That is change $NODE to lsv.abc.org instead of myhost.mydomain.org
That is:
# -- The fully qualified domain name for this host.
NODE="lsv.abc.org"

Assuming that I have a few lists running what is the impact of the change,
if any, on these lists?

On another topic I would really appreciate some pointers regarding running
listserv with NSMAIL.  I have made it work but cannot figure out how to
make all those other aliase entries (eg. owner-listserv) without having to
create individual accounts for them (very cumbersome).

Sendmail aliases:
# -- Aliases for LISTSERV server
listserv: "|/db/bin/lsv_amin -t listserv"
owner-listserv: "|/db/bin/lsv_amin -t owner-listserv"
# -- Aliases for 'list1' mailing list
list1: "|/db/bin/lsv_amin -t list1"
owner-list1: "|/db/bin/lsv_amin -t owner-list1"
list1-request: "|/db/bin/lsv_amin -t list1-request"
list1-search-request: "|/db/bin/lsv_amin -t list1-search-request"
list1-server: "|/db/bin/lsv_amin -t list1-server"

I would appreciate your comments asap, as I have to make this changes in
the next few days (assuming they are possible).

I am currently a customer of LSOFT and run a licensed LISTSERV for IRIX.

Thanx in advance.

Best wishes,

Dave