"H. Stephen Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:19:55 -0400
Hello,

I am being inundated with spam sent to the "-request" address for my list,
FILMUS-L.  Presently I'm getting about 5-10 spam messages a day this way.
I have tried using the filters in my e-mail client (Novell GroupWise 6.0.1)
but this is like shoveling sand against the waves.

Does anyone have any creative suggestions on how I can deal with this?  I
could, of course, set my e-mail program to nuke anything addressed to
filmus-l-request and just let people figure out how to contact me
directly.  However, this seems counterproductive, since the whole point of
a "-request" address is that anyone needing list help can reach me that way.

H. Stephen Wright