Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:47:22 -0600
On 1/12/98 10:48 AM, Phyllis Flott <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>I'm trying to think of a way students can submit assignments via e-mail,
>get a notice that the assignment was received, the notice includes a
>copy of what they submitted and only I can read what they sent.
>
>It seems like some variation of a listserve could do this but I'm not
>sure what.

This is not the kind of thing LISTSERV would be good for. Switch to an
email client (last time I checked, Navigator can't) that allows you to
run filters/mail actions over messages you receive, and tell your
students to put something uniform in the subject or body (ie: My Homework
Assignment). Then, set your email program to reply to any messages with
that subject, saying that their assignment has been received.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;