Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 20:52:25 -0400
Recently there was a discussion here about people on mailing lists that
were gatewayed to newsgroups wanting to add "nospam" to their return
address. I argued that it would easy for the programmer to strip such junk
out. I just came across the phone number for a package called Mailloop. The
number is 954-748-3912. So I called. He says the software is quite smart
and can strip out all the extra junk that is added to the e-mail address
that is in the From: field. He suggested I try it out myself against a text
file. I asked some more questions. It does not pick up addresses that are
in message bodies, only the From: field.

I then asked about web pages. On them it takes anything that looks like an
address, it need not be in a mailto: tag.

Don.