Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:15:19 -0600
The former listowner of a nonLISTSERV list has provided to me a list of her
subscriber addresses, to restart the list as a LISTSERV list.  I have no
"names," only addresses.  Is there a way I can get LISTSERV to accept a
bulk add, quietly, of just addresses?

If, there isn't, which won't surpize me, I'll want to send a note to all
these before announcing the "new" list elsewhere.  I think that, these
days, some anti-spam software automatically rejects items which have more
than a certain number of cc:s or bcc:s.  Is that correct?  If it is,
what number is commonly used?

I have 339 addresses and would rather not divide them into more than four
(85 addresses apiece).  Suggestions?

Douglas Winship     [log in to unmask]