Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 17:08:56 -0500
On Tue, 29 Mar 1994, Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843 wrote:

> It would be safer to use the LISTSERV Distribute Mail
> function....

Yes, but then (1) recipients may get aggravated at seeing that long To:
header each time you send out that message (and it could be hundreds or
thousands of lines long), and (2) you can't include concealed subscribers
without violating their confidentiality, but alternatively you could go
through the hassle of additionally sending to each concealed member
individually.

I received a private comment suggesting that I could set Files= Yes and
then send the special message as a file, since files are not logged to the
notebook.  That's good, although I wonder if all e-mail systems will
translate files into regular e-mail for the end-recipient.  In any case, I
personally can't use that suggestion since I need to do my list management
from an email-only account (no BITNET) so I can't send files.  But the
files method might be helpful for others.

Well, unless there was some special trick available through batch, I
didn't think I'd find a convenient solution.  Thanks for trying anyway,
folks!

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]