"Lawrence J. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Jan 1996 13:09:43 -0600
Howdy!

First, Happy New Year!

Second, MUCHO thanks to all the (many, many) responses, public and private,
to my requests for help putting a welcome file on one of my lists.  Turns
out that since I'm just a listowner, not a list manager, my list manager has
to "put a key" so I can add items (such as welcome files) to the filelist so
they'll in turn be recognized by Listserv when I send a command--at least
this is what I've reduced all the advice to, after spending  several hours
messing with it, getting "served out" (I'm learning all kinds of cool
jargon!), and cussing my machine out--anyway, my list manager will be back
this week, so hopefully we'll get it straightened out soon(unless anybody
knows anything differently).

Third, I erased the message that started this conversation, but I also am
getting multiple logons to my list by subscribers such as Alvin Tan
<[log in to unmask]>, then I get "daily error messages from listserv"
saying that the subscriber is being monitored . . . my question is mildly
related--is there any way I can find out "where" these subscribers' accounts
are?  It's easy to tell a .edu address, but is there a listing somewhere of
all the *.com addresses which tells who they are? (name of business,
geographical location, etc.)

Thanks,

Larry
Lawrence J. Clark
Director, The Gatsby Project
Regional Director, East-Texas/Louisiana Alliance for Computers and Writing
Professor, English: Tomball College, Tomball, TX
http://www.nhmccd.cc.tx.us/people/ljc/index.html
listserv owner: Amlit2-L, Amlit1-L, Gatsby-L, Tekcom-L