Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 17:11:58 GMT
On Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:02:53 EDT, Elliott Parker
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I just got a few hundred addresses bounced from AOL with the error
>"421 service not available"
>    Does anybody have any idea what this means?  I did get a note
>from AOL a few days ago saying they would probably be bouncing mail
>while upgrading some mail servers.  Can I assume they are still
>in process?

I just got several of these bouncing today.  Different DSN error number but
same general idea:

The mail you sent could not be delivered to:
550 [log in to unmask] is temporarily unavailable while we upgrade our system
550 [log in to unmask] is temporarily unavailable while we upgrade our system
etc.

Looks like they are still at work. since they have over 40 mail servers
on-line it may take a while...  8-)
 Ben Parker .......... (Aurora, CO) ........... [log in to unmask]