Fri, 17 May 2002 15:58:04 -0700
On Fri, 17 May 2002 at 06:54:45PM -0230, Bill Schipper wrote:
> What I was hoping for was a special mail command such as "send mail to
> LISTNAME with NOMAIL for *@* < FILENAME" that would allow me to send mail
> directly to list subscribers set to NOMAIL.   Those who are not, will get
> reminders weekly at first, then daily, until it is all behind us.  I already
> have a list of subscribers (using Q with....), but this list is not static,
> of course.

This is easy with *nix.

Q ***GUI*** listname WITH NOMAIL FOR *@*

Save the message you get back to "nomail_data" (say).
grep @ nomail_data | sed -e '1d' -e 's/\*\*\*HDR.../   /' -e '2s/    //' \
-e 's/$/,/' -e '$d' > nomail_addys

The above is a single line command. The "\" at the end of the 1st line
is a continuation character.

nomail_addys will be a list of addresses:

[...]

Paste this list into the Bcc: field of your mail program, delete the
comma at the end of the last address, and send off your message.

HTH,

-rex