"Mark R. Williamson" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:56:41 -0600
At 7:00 PM -0600 1/15/97, Garth Gillespie wrote:
>I have done this twice before and now my list won't let me.
>I am sending listserv
>
>QUIET ADD newsletter DD=X IMPORT
>//X DD *
>(1600 email addresses one line each)
>/*
>
>After sending back my ok confirmation, listserv sends a message saying
>> QUIET ADD newsletter DD=X IMPORT
>DDname "X" not found in job stream.
>
>What does this mean and what am I doing wrong?

It means that LISTSERV keeps only the command between jobs, not the whole
file of 1600 addresses.  Try sending the "QUIET ADD newsletter DD=X IMPORT"
job without the file of addresses, then sending the file of addresses in
the job with the "OK" command.

Mark R. Williamson