Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 14:07:03 -0400
I have a situation on an open-subscription list that I don't know
quite what to do with.

A woman,"Pat", from another list just subbed to mine.  On the other
list, she was part of a very very weird exchange between a woman who
said she was her sister-in-law, "Caroline", and her.  It ended with
"Caroline" committing suicide and this woman blaming acrimony on
the list.  There are a lot of problems with the story -- not the
least of which the absence of an obit, weird chronology that doesn't
totally make sense.

This is a medical support list, I should add.

People subsribed to other medical support lists said that the
"Pat and Caroline" show has appeared other places, and that
they pose as sisters or friends -- and cause trouble.  And
that they are really the same person, and sometimes "Don"
as well.

That's why I've put these names in quotes.

The problem (for me) is that there is no hard evidence here at
all -- just conjecture and innuendo.  "Carolyn" appears to be
(have been?) pretty screwed up.  But the only thing "Pat" has
done is tell the list that "Caroline" committed suicide.

If "Caroline" does not and never did exist, and rather obviously
did not commit suicide, then that would be hard evidence and
I wouod be able to ask "Pat" to leave.

But it is a premise of this group that we do not boot people
over rumors and innuendo -- basically because a number of us
have been the victims of rumors and innuendos on another list.

Does anyone know how to reach the administrators of web.tv?

Any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks -- Mary Schweitzer