Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 21:27:31 +0200
On Thu,  23 Nov  1995 07:50:01  -0800 Maryjo  Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>However,  I  am  counfounded  by   information  given  to  me  by  local
>hardware/software sellers. Ever though I  tell each salesperson the same
>thing, I get  answers that vary from, "You don't  need anything. You can
>use a 286 and free software" to "Expect to spend no less than $25,000."

I guess each of these people had a particular situation in mind for which
the answer  was accurate. With  a 286, DOS  and some freeware  package or
other you can  probably set up a  two-soup-cans-waxed-wire solution. With
$25k you can buy a very nice system that can deliver 1 million messages a
day.  It all  depends on  your needs  and budget.  Have you  got existing
hardware? What  is your expected daily  volume? How are you  connected to
the Internet?  These are the kind  of questions that would  determine the
type of solution to look for.

  Eric