Wed, 18 May 1994 19:59:16 -0500
> I'm becoming increasingly tempted to start forging signoff messages for
> those who can't get it to work for themselves and start annoying the whole
> list. I haven't done it yet, though I have sent a note to somebody offering
>
> I think that, unless there is general outrage expressed on this list, I'll
> start doing that, and send a note to the person for whom I do the
> unsubscribing, the list owner, and the postmaster of both systems saying
> what I did and why.

I have done this in the past, but *only* when the subscriber asks me.
I don't think it's a good idea to get into the practice of doing it
wholesale.  After all, the node's LISTSERV Postmaster can delete
people from the list as well as the listowner, they just have to ask.
I also don't think it's a very good idea to talk about this to openly
lest those unscrupulous (this is an open list and you don't know
who's monitoring it) get ideas about getting rid of subscribers
they don't like, disagree with, etc.  I usually keep offers of aid
of this sort strictly private.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner