Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 17:32:55 -5
On  3 Apr 97, Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hopefully these aren't something I overlooked in any doc's I have.
> If so, I apologize in advance.
>
> 1. Is there a limit on the length of the name of a LISTSERV list?

On VM systems the limit is 8 characters, but you can use the List-ID
keyword to give it a longer alternate name.

On other systems, the length is unlimited (starting with version
1.8c), though really you should use 32 characters or less. List names
longer than 70 characters may result in delivery problems.

> 2. Is the "-L" at the end of the names I see a requirement, or just
>    a commonly used convention?

This is a convention, not a requirement.

Francoise