Sat, 28 Mar 1998 10:17:17 +0000
Forgive me if this is in the docs.. I'm computer challenged and can't
access the beta version manual ;-)

We have a number of subscribers whose only access to the lists are
via their library, school or a friend's computer.. and who often have
used the archives of the lists.

Now that the new beta version of LISTSERV has been installed..
whomever got there first, had the "magic cookie" set.. often for a
list others aren't on..  and then they can't seem to get in to see
their own list's archives.

I suggested to those with netscape to rename the cookie.txt
temporarily.. but that didn't work :(  and this is a problem for
people not on their own computers anway.

Is there a solution to this?  How to access a list's archives via the
web when someone else's password has already been set for a list they
aren't on?

 ........Cleo  [log in to unmask]