Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Apr 1994 00:47:00 -0500
Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]> said (first quoting me):

> > We would be uncomfortable trying to coordinate actions if the
> > error messages went to more than one owner.  We are a few time
>
> What actions need to be coordinated?  One of my lists (WORDS-L) has
> three owners (four counting my dog, who has his own e-mail account).
> If suddenly 15 or 20 error messages appear for the same address,
> whichever owner notices first sets nomail or deletes the problem address.
> If all of us send the 'nomail' or 'delete' command, it's no big deal.

We are running a project for kids between 10 and 15.  This isn't
"just" a discussion list.  We try very hard to keep the
subscribers who have been active participants in the project.

We often write to the postmasters of systems from which messages
are bouncing.  They would rightfully be annoyed if they got
inquires from two people about the same error message.  We also
delay cutting people off to see if the problem goes away.

We have two fairly high volume lists (out of our total of about
15 lists) and we are beginning to delete people promptly from
those lists.  I don't think either, however, has the volume of
WORDS-L, so I understand your priority to get people off the list
as soon as possible.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>