Tue, 8 Aug 2000 00:14:06 +0200
On 22 Jul 2000, at 18:54, Francoise Becker wrote:

> On 22 Jul 00 at 18:08, Joop wrote:
>
> > What I can't figure out though is how I should place it in the
> > listheader. I know the Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Probe(30) part
> > but couldn't figure out if I also have to use the renewal=
> > line together with it. I read in the manual about "it is not tied
> > to subscription renewal" but since English isn't my native language
> > I couldn't figure out if that meant to leave "renewal=" out or in.
>
> Probe() on the Auto-Delete keyword is the setting for "passive"
> probing.
>
> Probe on the Renewal keyword is the setting for "active" probing.
>
> They are independent of each other. You can have one set, both set,
> or neither.

Hello Francoise and other listmembers,

When setting them both, will one of the two override the other in
the days set for probing?

I have it set up to use the PROBE1 for a rotating 2 FAQ's every 15
days using: Renewal= Yes,15-Daily,Probe and created the PROBE1
accordingly using the manual as sample.

At the moment I also use the passive probing by setting:
Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100),Probe(90)

Will it work this way (rotating FAQ's every 15 days plus passive
probing every 90 days) or do the rotating two FAQ's act as probes
15-daily as well and can I remove the passive probe part from the
auto-delete line to avoid unnecessary server load that way? I do
want to use the auto-delete line with full-auto and the delay and
max as above.

The list is used as member discussionlist for chronic ill people
with memory and concentration problems, therefor I have to send out
the FAQ's for TOPIC use and description and keep probing (passive
or with the FAQ's?) as less as a burden as possible for them.

BTW - everybody thanks for explaining the ddname question.

TIA,
Joop Reijenga.