Bryan Fritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:56:41 -0600
Why not just send an e-mail with the correct commands?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Noble" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 1:49 PM
Subject: [LSTOWN-L] LISTSERV API's ?

> We are evaluating the use of LISTSERV as an announce-only mailing list to
notify interested users when parts of our website are updated. We would like
to make this as automated as possible.

> I have just about mastered the basics of creating and administering a list
(at least I think I have). Stress the word "basics". Am now wondering if
there is any support built into LISTSERV that would allow the web
development group to automatically create a message from an .asp page or
something, and send it to the list without someone having to sit down each
time, compose a message and manually send it to the list.

> If someone could point me to a section of the documentation or a
downloadable white paper that describes how to do this, I would very much
appreciate it.