Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:35:54 EDT
I recently set a flamer's subscription to the review option.  He got
a friend to send a diatribe to the list, claiming that he was being
censored.  I then explained that the review option merely allowed
me to screen his messages for flames and to either send it on to the
list or return it for the author to remove the flames.  yada yada.
At any rate, I now have someone complaining that this amounts to
"prior restraint" (see the message at the end).

Soooo, does anyone have responses, suggestions, explanations?

Thanks!
Trista

====================the message about prior restraint=================

If I remember my "Law 101" from college, the correct term for this is prior
restraint and would be illegal if this was a newspaper.  It is also something
that liberals usually (and correctly) scream and hollar about.  What gives?

JD