Duane Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 08:12:00 EDT
> Lissa Mosley expressed some concerns about volume of postings if
> she gatewayed her list.   When I announced to my list that I was
> planning to gateway it, several subscribers had similar concerns;
> they feared being inundated.
I ran into the same problem when I, as a list subscriber to OPERS-L,
suggested that OPERS-L gatewayed into a newsgroup.   People could not
understand that with SEND= PUBLIC, anybody could abuse the list.
I view having a list gatewayed into a newsgroup as giving the customer
another choice of medium in order to participate in the discussion.
Duane