Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 14:11:16 -0500
On 12 Sep 97 13:11:24 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>From:         Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: [LSTOWN-L] Question, Threshold Exceeded
>
>On Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:22:36 -0500 Bill Harrison said:
>>My question is this. When a list (1.8c)exceeds its threshold limit,
>>and the server puts the list on hold, does it not reset itself
>>automatically at midnight and go back to distributing messages.
>
>No it does not.  If your manual says this it is a <very> old manual as
>there was a typo in the original manual three years ago that was fixed
>soon after the release.  However I do see that 2.12.10 could be construed
>this way, and I will fix that in a later manual release.

Thanks for the help and clarification.

My wrong assumption came from the section in Appendix B on Daily
Threshold. I incorrectly assumed that since the counter reset at
midnight, the list went off hold also at midnight. I certainly see and
agree with your assessment of why it should not reset.

It would not hurt to add one sentence here clarifying this.

--
Bill Harrison