Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:00:21 -0500
>Hi all,
>
>This relates to a list on listserv.aol.com that I'm asked to help with
>technical issues on. Whilst I have list owner privileges, I don't have any
>direct input into the running of this list.
>
>The bug is that sometimes the last line of text appears *below* the
>BOTTOM_BANNER. I note that the list owner's guide for 1.8e comments that
>the handling of BOTTOM_BANNER, particularly to do with quoted-printable
>has been changed.
>

>RELEASE shows:
>
>LISTSERV(R) High Performance for unix version 1.8e, managed by:
>
>Alias file version: 2002-05-30 12:21:41
>Running under: HP-UX B.11.11
>Runmode: Standalone

This sounds like a bug fixed in the 2002a "level set" update to
LISTSERV 1.8e.
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/relnotes/v18e-2002a.html> says:

| **********************************************
| * Other miscellaneous fixes and improvements *
| **********************************************
|
| - Bottom banners were not properly inserted into malformed MIME messages.
| This problem was manifested by the banner being inserted prior to the
| last line of the message.  It has been fixed in this level set release.

If you issue a 'show release' command, if the build date is from
mid-December 2002 you've got the 2002a release installed.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
  LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

L-Soft's EASE Express service is being replaced with the more
user-friendly EASE Maestro hosting service.  If you contact your
sales representative for an upgrade before March 30, 2003, you will
receive one free hour of related phone support and have your setup
fee waived.  For more information about the service go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/ease-maestro.html