Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 18:46:54 GMT
On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 07:56:26 -0800, S R E <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'd like to know if there are any plans by LSoft to eliminate this
>requirement... how about editing the message/header and including
>it after the OK command?

As long as the Moderator/Editor is only approving/disapproving posts
rather than actually changing the text contents, you can use  Send=
Editor, Hold

In this case, the Moderator/Editor simply replies to LISTSERV via the
"OK" mechanism.  No special 'resent' headers and no special mailer
program are necessary.  Read 6.6 of the Owners Manual.

The reason Resent headers are necessary if the actual message text is
edited is to preserve the identity of the original author.  Since this is
a standard imposed by the requirements of some RFC I doubt Lsoft will be
able to change it.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]