Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 12:31:22 +0100
On Fri, 24  Mar 1995 06:51:05 -0400  Bill Silvert <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>I guess  a bit more  clarification is in order,  since my name  has been
>thrown into  the fray. There  is no need for  filters, since I  have not
>posted  to the  list since  the middle  of 1994.  The issue  is how  the
>listowner can keep  people like me from reading  postings, which contain
>scientific material in our field of research.

I guess even more clarifications are  in order, since you seem determined
to  turn my  mailbox into  a  usenet group.  The material  posted to  the
FISH-ECOLOGY list is freely and publicly available via:

1. The gopher service at SEARN.SUNET.SE

2. The archives for the list, which are GET=ALL.

3. The  FISH-JUNIOR list, which  has "Subscription= Open" and  receives a
   copy of all the messages sent to FISH-ECOLOGY.

The issue, according  to the list owner, is that  you have been reposting
large numbers of messages  from his list to your list  without his or the
authors' *prior* permission.  Anyway, for whatever reason,  he decided to
delete you from the list. It's his list, you're out, end of story. If you
don't like it,  start your own. Oops,  I forgot, you already  did. So, go
turn your  list into a  highly successful,  1100 subscriber list  and let
FISH-ECOLOGY rot in  peace. Just add Aldo to your  discard list and he'll
do the same. This way we'll all be happy campers.

  Eric